Women often believe the myth that “fat is bad” and it makes you fat…honestly all fats are not made equal as a matter of fact ingesting “good” fats like omega3s help keep the belly trim! However fat really isn’t the enemy especially for women, we need it to support hormonal balance and help reduce the surge of estrogen symptoms like
Bloating,swelling of arms or legs, and breast tenderness are the usual physical symptoms.
Feeling overly emotional, experiencing depression, anger and irritability, or having anxiety and social withdrawal may be present. According to Webmd As many as 20% to 40% of women may have PMS at some point in life.
You can fight these symptoms by introducing flax-seed oil into your daily diet or you can take it in the capsule form.
Flaxseed oil, is from the flax plant it contains rich amounts of omega 3 fatty acid, Phytochemicals, magnesium, and other nutrients.
Here are a few health benefits of Flaxseed oil:
- The essential fatty acids in flaxseed oil help to minimize the risk of breast cancer. Researches have found that a high content of omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the incidence of breast cancer.
- It can be used to treat various women’s health problems such as premenstrual syndrome, menstrual cramps, pre-menopausal symptoms, endometriosis and female infertility. It can also improve uterine function and health.
- It helps to regulate the menstrual cycle, balance the progesterone levels and reduce menopause problems such as sleep difficulties, headache, anxiety, mood swings, breast cysts, etc.
- It consists of lignans, which are naturally occurring plant estrogens. They can effectively balance the hormonal levels as well as promote natural ovulation. Lignans in flaxseed oil are also helpful for prevention of estrogen-related cancers and prevention of metastasis of tumors.
- The essential fatty acids present in this oil can prevent the production of prostaglandins, which when released in excess amounts can cause heavy bleeding during menstruation.
- Phytoestrogens present in it, stabilize the estrogen-progesterone ratio and help to relieve hot flashes in perimenopause and menopause.
- It also is an excellent dietary supplement for women who suffer from osteoporosis. Omega-3 essential fatty acids present in flaxseed oil can improve the absorption of calcium in the body and thus, lower the risk of calcium deficiency in women.
- (culled from buzzle)
I use flaxseed oil and it’s benefits are tremendous. It works really well for me but as a disclaimer i would advice you to speak with your doctor before taking this awesome supplement 🙂
If you ever decide to get flaxseed oil, I would advice you get the unfiltered and organic one.