Women often believe the myth that “fat is bad” and it makes you fat…honestly all fats are not made equal as a matter of fact ingesting “good” fats like omega3s help keep the belly trim! However fat really isn’t the enemy especially for women, we need it to support hormonal balance and help reduce the surge of estrogen symptoms like
Bloating,swelling of arms or legs, and breast tenderness are the usual physical symptoms.
Feeling overly emotional, experiencing depression, anger and irritability, or having anxiety and social withdrawal may be present. According to Webmd As many as 20% to 40% of women may have PMS at some point in life.
You can fight these symptoms by introducing flax-seed oil into your daily diet or you can take it in the capsule form.
Flaxseed oil, is from the flax plant it contains rich amounts of omega 3 fatty acid, Phytochemicals, magnesium, and other nutrients.
Here are a few health benefits of Flaxseed oil:
- The essential fatty acids in flaxseed oil help to minimize the risk of breast cancer. Researches have found that a high content of omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the incidence of breast cancer.
- It can be used to treat various women’s health problems such as premenstrual syndrome, menstrual cramps, pre-menopausal symptoms, endometriosis and female infertility. It can also improve uterine function and health.
- It helps to regulate the menstrual cycle, balance the progesterone levels and reduce menopause problems such as sleep difficulties, headache, anxiety, mood swings, breast cysts, etc.
- It consists of lignans, which are naturally occurring plant estrogens. They can effectively balance the hormonal levels as well as promote natural ovulation. Lignans in flaxseed oil are also helpful for prevention of estrogen-related cancers and prevention of metastasis of tumors.
- The essential fatty acids present in this oil can prevent the production of prostaglandins, which when released in excess amounts can cause heavy bleeding during menstruation.
- Phytoestrogens present in it, stabilize the estrogen-progesterone ratio and help to relieve hot flashes in perimenopause and menopause.
- It also is an excellent dietary supplement for women who suffer from osteoporosis. Omega-3 essential fatty acids present in flaxseed oil can improve the absorption of calcium in the body and thus, lower the risk of calcium deficiency in women.
- (culled from buzzle)
I use flaxseed oil and it’s benefits are tremendous. It works really well for me but as a disclaimer i would advice you to speak with your doctor before taking this awesome supplement
If you ever decide to get flaxseed oil, I would advice you get the unfiltered and organic one.
My foray into the smoothie world started in 2009. At that time my journey to organic eating just started….so i was like a girl possessed. I played with a lot of ideas, green smoothies, protein shakes, fruit smoothies etc. As with anything that takes up my fancy, i get obsessed and then bored and then it’s on to the next one…. lol…
For now I am so into this organic berry smoothie I came up with
I drink this after a workout to rebuild
Homemade Yogurt (Excellent source of protein and calcium)
A cup of organic blue berries (Excellent source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, antioxidant)
6 organic strawberries (Vitamin A, B-Complex, Vitamin E)
A banana ( A good source of Potassium, Magnesium)
A teaspoon of Xylitol ( Natural sweetener)
On our way back from church on sunday, it was blazing hot! So we decided to stop here just to chill for a while.
awwwww…There is my darling L, doing what she does best……being
My emotions about Sunday is some what conflicted. A bitter-sweet day. I like it because I get to go to church in the morning, get back home, go for a run, read a book or hang out with friends and family, pretty much laze around.
While lazing around though, there is always this random damp emotion, reminding me that the very next day is Monday and it’s another work week, with little or no sleep
because, I’m a night Owl and there comes the regrets “I should have slept in on saturday, instead of going for that stupid run!” or “Why didn’t I go to bed by 8pm on friday instead of going to see that stupid movie” in retrospect, everything I did instead of sleeping, takes on a foolish quality.
My regrets are usually centered around sleep and sleeping…..I love sleep! When I’m sad I go to sleep, when I can’t handle any situation I go to sleep, When I’m emotional I go to sleep, Irritated? I go to sleep!…..and when I awaken, life usually does not seem half as bad… lol *sigh* and I tackle issues with more clarity..try it!
Everyone has been talking about the movie “Hunger Games“. I decided to go see it after much hype;Went with a couple of friends. I didn’t know what to wear so I wore all black and took my Afro head along. Anytime I wear my hair out people stare at me either in disbelieve or in mild irritation lol… I have gotten quite used to it now. By the way, the above pic is my hair in its semi shrunken state. As for the movie, I really don’t know how i feel about it. I fell asleep half way through it :/ . Happy Easter Sunday in advance to those who observe it
Shirt : Dillard’s
Shorts: Thrift Store (Vintage Levis)
Bead necklace: Bought from some African lady
Bangle/ bracelet: Can’t remember